- Start Up Resources
- Top Businesses
Doing Business >
Leading Businesses and Brands
Buffalo Niagara is home to an impressively broad range of industries. We celebrate those at the tops of their fields, for not only their successes but for their collective inspiration and vision for the rest of the region. A look at just a few of Buffalo Niagara’s top businesses:Buffalo Niagara is home to an impressively broad range of industries. We celebrate those at the tops of their fields, for not only their successes but for their collective inspiration and vision for the rest of the region. A look at just a few of Buffalo Niagara’s top businesses:
- Our citizens have been banking on M&T Bank for more than 150 years. During that time, the bank has grown into a regional powerhouse, with branches throughout the mid-Atlantic states. Like our citizens, M&T remembers its roots, and remains headquartered in downtown Buffalo.
- The first comprehensive cancer center in the nation, Roswell Park Cancer Institute has been helping set the standard for cancer care, research and education with 1898. The institute was founded by visionary physician Roswell Park.
- With more than 50 years in Buffalo Niagara, Moog Inc. is no fly-by-night organization. Starting out as a designer and supplier of aircraft and missile components, the company has grown to cover a range of motion control applications. Their technology is found in power-generation turbines, in Formula One racing, in medical infusion systems, among others.
- GM Powertrain has been a driving force in Buffalo Niagara since 1938. Since that time, nearly 70 million car engines have been manufactured in Tonawanda—they’ve got an awful lot of miles under their belt as a top employer in our region.
- The name might be new, but HSBC Bank has a long heritage in the Buffalo Niagara community. As part of one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, HSBC provides our region access to global markets and services.
- Kaleida Health is the largest health care provider in Western New York. Kaleida keeps Buffalo Niagara healthy through a network of hospitals and facilities that provide the region with state-of-the-art technology and comprehensive healthcare services.
- Rich Products has been topping off desserts for more than 60 years. During that time, they’ve grown into a multi-national force in the food industry, with baked goods, seafood, meat products and pasta. Rich has a presence in more than 70 countries, but still calls Buffalo Niagara home.
- The University at Buffalo is the largest and most comprehensive university center in the State University of New York system, and is one of the nation’s leading research universities. UB strives to improve the quality of life for the people of Buffalo Niagara, and the world at large.
- Buffalo Niagara, with its strategic bi-national location, was a natural choice to be one of FedEx’s Trade Networks locations, where customers of all sizes can help find the help they need to ship their goods globally.
Would you like to create custom business lists based on sales, location, number of employees, or other criteria? The Buffalo Niagara CLS provides a business search form. Use this tool to identify your supply chain, potential partnerships, competitor locations, and conduct numerous other business analyses.